Does your company have between $5M and $500M in revenue, or plan to reach that stage within the next few years? If so, you need a trusted legal advisor.
Big companies usually have in-house attorneys or attorney teams. They have enough work to justify at least one full-time salary, and in return, their in-house attorney is available at all hours of the day (and sometimes at night). We hope you’ll get there someday soon!
But in the meantime, every business has legal issues it needs to face head-on, and you need someone to answer all your questions and tackle any problems and needs might arise.
As your “in-house” counsel, Smith & Associates will be on call whenever you need an attorney, for a whole range of issues. The best part is that even though we’re here for you all the time, you’ll only pay for the services you need, when you need them. We’ll work with you to plan your legal budget and make sure you get the maximum possible return for every dollar you spend on legal expenses.
Even better, with our dedicated team of attorneys at your disposal, you’ll have full coverage for a broader range of issues and benefit from more depth and experience than you could get with a single in-house attorney.
Here are some of the areas in which we’ll be standing by to help you:
• Strategic Planning, Family Offices, Family Businesses
• Litigation, Special Projects
• Real Estate, Transactions, Relocation
• Intellectual Property
• Partnership, Corporate Counsel, Governance
We believe in taking the time to get to know your business, its objectives, and its goals, so that you won’t be starting from scratch every time you have a legal question. When you pick up the phone or send us an email, we’ll already know you, where you’re coming from, and where you hope to end up.
If your company is a U.S. or international corporation, an LLC or partnership, whether you’re an owner, shareholder, or investor, we’re thrilled to offer our business lawyers’ collective experience in all of the following industries:
• Manufacturing, apparel, and food production
• Internet, telecommunications, and engineering
• Investments, hedge funds, international wealth management
• Foreign companies making acquisitions in the United States
• Startup companies (with sufficient capital for a serious growth-oriented legal budget)
E. David Smith, firm founder, is at the helm of our legal team, sharing years of level-headed, client-centered advice. With Smith & Associates on call as your company’s “in-house” attorneys, you’ll get dedicated, personalized attention whenever you need it. We’ll answer your questions with your company’s objectives and goals in mind, and you can relax knowing our ongoing relationship means we understand your business setup, your personal and business goals, and your tolerance for risk, so you’ll never have to start over from scratch. We’ll help you navigate:
• Relations with partners, shareholders, investors
• Regulators, litigation, property issues
• Assets, intellectual property, trademarks, inventions, trade secrets, key staff, insurance
• Employment issues and disputes, regulation, Affordable Care Act (Obamacare)
• Buying or selling businesses or real estate
• Insurance, loans, and banking issues
Clear planning ahead of time usually prevents problems down the line, including costly litigation. If litigation becomes necessary, we’ll explain the next steps at every stage, always with your company’s goals in mind. We also commit to providing you with up-front pricing estimates, including clear articulation of your outcome and total spending goals. We’ll help you define what you want, and the level of service you need, so you’ll get the services you need every single time.